Good morning all.
Today is a glorious day. The sky is blue, the birds are singing and I can almost hear the ‘Hallelujah’ chorus! I’ve just been nominated for the Liebster Blogger Award (my first ever blog award!) by the wonderful naughtynefarious, whose blog can be found here:
Being new to the blogosphere, I had to do a little bit of reading up about this award. For those of you who don’t know what it is, the Liebster Blogger Award is designed for those blogging newbies with less than 200 followers. If you receive the award, you are expected to answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you and then devise 11 of your own questions. You must then pass the award along on to 11 other bloggers and so the cycle continues.
Anyway, here are my answers to the questions posed by naughtynefarious!
1. What is your favourite curse word? Explain.
Well, to be honest, I try to refrain from swearing as much as possible. I find it quite crude and vulgar and I believe that people can be funny without dropping the F-bomb every two seconds. However, I am a huge fan of the ‘Wizard Swears’ from the Potter Puppet Pals, so I suppose ‘Voldemort’s nipple’ would be my favourite curse. That probably doesn’t count as a swear word, but oh well!
2. Do you at present drive your own vehicle or do you use public transport?
Does a bicycle count? Unfortunately, I’m not old enough to drive yet and so I use the public transport quite frequently. Oh, and I ride my beautiful bike whenever and wherever I can! I love it to pieces!
3. What is your favourite vegetable?
This is actually a really difficult question. I love pretty much all vegetables, especially green things, but my favourite vegetable would have to be capsicum. Green capsicum is particularly delicious. I would honestly eat the stuff all day if I could.
4. What is your favourite HUGE word?
That’s easy. My favourite HUGE word is the longest of them all – pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconiosis. Brilliant, isn’t it? I feel like I just gained a hundred brain cells. For those of you who don’t live on dictionary.com and actually have lives, it is a lung disease caused by the inhalation of silica dust.
5. What would be your ideal date?
Wow, I have to think about that. I really haven’t given that sort of stuff much thought. I suppose my ideal date would be a bike ride through a big European city and then maybe dinner in a small, funky cafe or bistro with a live jazz band. Maybe in Berlin or Paris or London. Actually, come to think of it, Venice would be ideal. I don’t know why, but for some reason, this has always seemed wildly romantic and fun!
6. Who is your favourite poet? If you don’t like poetry, then who is your favourite fiction writer?
Well, my favourite poet, playwright and one of my favourite fiction writers happen to be the same person. I have always loved Oscar Wilde’s writing and The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favourite novels. His poems are so beautifully written and the language is so rich and powerful. Edgar Allan Poe is a close second though! Annabel Lee has to be one of the most haunting pieces of prose I have ever read.
7. What is your favourite film genre?
Gee, tough call. My favourite film genre is probably crime and thriller. Nothing gets me hooked like a great thriller or murder mystery!
8. How often do you use the internet, especially social media? If daily, how many hours do you spend on there?
It depends. During the school term, I use the internet quite a lot for assignments and study, but I don’t spend much time on social networking sites. During the school holidays, I spend more time on social networking sites and waste quite a bit of time on youtube and the like, but I try to avoid spending more than three or four hours on the internet daily when I’m not studying.
9. Sharks – do you like these gorgeous creatures of the deep, do you dislike them, or are you scared to death of them?
I think I’m pretty neutral about the matter. Whilst I am not absolutely terrified of them, I wouldn’t fancy swimming with one. I do think that they are intelligent and often misunderstood creatures, but I don’t love them like some people do.
10. If you can remember, and you are willing to share, what is the strangest dream you have ever had?
Once, I had a dream that I lived in a buddhist temple and my temple was raided by a group of strange hooded figures. They forced us to work in a puppet factory and their leader, who happened to be my old best friend in cat form tried to chase and kill me in the factory for some strange reason. The puppets came alive and protected me against her and that’s all I can remember. It was easily the weirdest dream I have ever had.
11. Do you believe in any of the following; astrology, luck, destiny, fate? Care to explain?
Well, I don’t believe in astrology at all. I have quite a scientific mind and the concept doesn’t really make much sense to me. I’m sorry if I have offended anybody, but these are just my opinions and beliefs. When it comes to luck, destiny, and fate, I’m slightly more confused. They are such abstract notions and can never really be proven. I suppose I don’t really know enough about the subject to have a valid opinion, but I don’t really believe that the future is set in stone. I would like to believe that the choices we make are our own and not the result of some grand plan.
Well, there you go! Now you know a little more about me! Now, on to the nominees.
My nominees for this award are:
1. If you could play any musical instrument, which would you choose?
2. What is your favourite city and why?
3. As a child, who was your idol and why?
4. What is your least favourite word and why?
5. Your house is burning down and you have to evacuate immediately. Which three items do you take with you?
6. If you could invite anybody in the world to lunch, who would you take and why?
7. What is your honest opinion about Harry Potter?
8. Beatles or Rolling Stones?
9. What is your favourite smell?
10. If you had an extra room in hour house, what would you use it for?
11. Here’s a tough one for you. If you could ask any person, living or dead, one question and get a completely honest answer, who would it be and what would you ask?
There you have it! Thanks for reading! :)
Once again, thank you naughtynefarious for nominating me – you totally made my day! Congratulations to all nominees and have fun with this!