Bonjour tout le monde!
Today is another glorious day as I have been nominated for not just one, but – wait for it – TWO Liebster Blogger Awards by the lovely Mandarox and also, by the wonderful yawriterinthemaking! Seriously, if you have a moment to spare, please check out these fantastic blogs from fantastic people!
Okay, I’m just going to assume that you all know what the Liebster Award is and if not – well, then you can just google it.
Now, for the questions. Wow, I have a lot of questions to answer now… Well, here goes!
Questions from Mandarox:
1. If you could choose between knowing every language fluently or being able to play every instrument perfectly, which would you choose?
Gee, that’s a really tough one. Can I have both? I think I’d probably prefer to play every instrument perfectly because I’m a musician and that would be pretty awesome. But then again, being able to speak fluent French would also be amazing. THIS DECISION IS TOO HARD!
2. What’s the best book you’ve ever read? Alternately, if you don’t read, what’s the best movie you’ve ever seen? Or answer both, if you want.
Are you deliberately choosing the most difficult questions? I have far too many favourite books. Um, I think it’s a toss up between Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith and East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Oh, and The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde.
3. What animal would you say you’re most like?
I wish I could say something cool like a dolphin or a leopard or an eagle, but unfortunately I’m not that awesome. I don’t know, maybe some type of small bird? A sparrow or a nightingale maybe.
4. What type of music do you listen to? Rock, orchestral, pop? And who’s your favourite band/composer/singer?
I am a huge music geek. I listen to absolutely everything ranging from Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony to Florence + the Machine. My favourite band will always be The Beatles – yes, I suppose it’s a little cliched, but their music is simply incredible and they contributed so much to the world of popular music. They literally changed the world. Oh, and my two favourite composers are John Williams and Dmitri Shostakovich.
5. What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
Oh no, not another tough question. Um, I would like to think that I have a good sense of humour. I mean, it’s about as lame as it gets, but I can make my friends laugh which is a good thing. I’d rather not spend too much time thinking about whether they’re laughing with me or at me. My guess is the latter considering my incredibly lame jokes, but oh well!
6. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they? If not, do you want any?
Unfortunately I don’t have any pets because we travel too much. But I have always wanted a dog for some reason.
7. What would you prefer; money or love?
Love, definitely love. I think a life without love would be a very lonely one and I don’t think loneliness can be solved with money. But then again, money can buy nutella…
8. What’s your favourite quote?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will live it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.”
9. What is/was your favourite and least favourite subject at school? Why?
My favourite subject at school is music because it is my passion and I have the most wonderful teacher. My least favourite subject is math because so much of it seems so pointless. When am I ever going to need to use calculus? I don’t really mind math all that much – I like the fact that it is so black and white, but I do sometimes find myself wondering why it is necessary to memorise a thousand formulas which I am never going to remember, let alone actually use.
Questions from Yawriterinthemaking:
1. Do you like answering random questions?
Yeah, I do actually. The interesting ones at least.
2. If you could meet anyone, who would it be?
It’s a toss up between Paul McCartney and John Williams so I could congratulate them on their amazing music and ask for tips. And so that I could get their autograph…
3. If you could change your talent for another talent, what would it be?
I wouldn’t trade music-making for anything in the world. But I wouldn’t really mind parting with my mathematical skills if it meant being able to speak French fluently.
4. Do you listen to more than one genre of music?
Yes, I do. See question 4 from Mandarox above.
5. What is your favourite junk food?
I have to admit, chocolate is my guilty pleasure. I would gladly trade my left kidney for Lindt chocolate. Well, actually I probably wouldn’t go that far…
6. Do you watch TV?
I do watch a bit, but not much compared to other people. Mostly just the news and geeky sci-fi shows!
7. How do you feel about Valentine’s Day?
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Vodka costs less,
Than dinner for two!
8. What is your favourite movie genre?
My tastes are pretty diverse, but I would have to say that my favourite genre is probably crime/thriller.
9. What is your favourite season?
Autumn, definitely autumn. I just love the colours and the chill in the air and the fact that it marks the beginning of the soup season.
10. Do you find it hard to create and answer random questions?
Depends on the question. Sometimes I do find it difficult to answer questions, but I do enjoy it.
11. How is your week going?
Spiffing! Thank you for asking!
11 Random Facts About Me:
Theoretically, I should write 22 random facts about myself, but I’m just a tad lazy so you’ll have to make do with only 11.
1. I hate cats. I really don’t understand why people love them so much.
2. I have read each Harry Potter book nine times.
3. I have no orientation skills. At all. Which makes driving a car a bit of a concern.
4. As much as I hate to admit it, I really do enjoy watching The Vampire Diaries. Embarrassing, I know.
5. I wish I could speak French. You probably know that already though…
6. I still have this completely unrealistic dream of singing on Broadway.
7. I think Star Wars is awesome.
8. I love snow.
9. I have an uncanny obsession with the number nine.
10. I still can’t decide who my favourite Beatle is. It’s definitely between John and George.
11. One day, I am going to live in Berlin.
My 11 nominees:
10. My Thought Exactly…
1. What is one album you couldn’t live without?
2. What was your childhood dream?
3. If you could choose between knowing every language fluently or being able to play every instrument perfectly, which would you choose?
4. What is your opinion of Valentine’s day?
5. Which band/artist would you most like to see in concert?
6. What is the kindest thing anybody has ever done for you?
7. What is your earliest memory?
8. What was your favourite subject in high school and why?
9. If you could choose to speak any language fluently, which one would you choose and why?
10. Do you have a favourite film soundtrack? If so, what is it?
11. Name three books that you couldn’t live without.
Congratulations to all nominees and thank you again for nominating me for this lovely award! :)